We would like to advise that in July 2020 the Notes feature was replaced with Comments. Some older projects will still have the Notes feature and this article is still accurate for them. However, Comments do not, currently, offer the functionality of the Footnotes report.
You can leave colored notes attached to your script documents. With most subscriptions, Film & TV scripts can be printed to include them in as footnotes.
- place your cursor in the script where you want the note to embed
- open up the notes sidebar
- Hit "Add Note"
The note will appear in the right sidebar and if you want to change the color, edit the text, or delete it, you can do so by clicking on it.
With most subscriptions, you can print a version of your Film & TV script with your Notes as footnotes.
- Under the File menu, select Print/Download.
- Select "Script with Footnotes" from the Report Content dropdown
- Hit Print Preview or Download
Your document will include a numbered and coloured marker in front of the paragraph your note is attached to...
... and a corresponding footnote at the bottom of your page.